Copper Chloride - 100g

Be the first to review this product

Availability: In stock

£9.99
Quick Overview
Copper Chloride - 100g

Copper Chloride - 100g

Details
Copper Chloride - 100g
Additional Information
Symbols
Product Identifier

Copper(II) chloride

Brand : WildPhoto Ltd

CAS-No. : 7447-39-4

Relevant identified uses of the substance or mixture

Identified uses : Photographic use only

Details of the supplier of the safety data sheet

Company :

WildPhoto Ltd
Unit 15-16 Highlode Industrial Estate
Ramsey,
Cambridgeshire
PE26 2RB
UNITED KINGDOM

Telephone : +44 (0)1487 813447
E-mail address : info@wetplatesupplies.com

Emergency telephone number

Emergency Phone # : +44 (0)1487 813447

Hazard identification

Classification of the substance or mixture

Classification according to Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 [EU-GHS/CLP]

Acute toxicity, Oral (Category 4)
Skin irritation (Category 2)
Eye irritation (Category 2)
Specific target organ toxicity - single exposure (Category 3)
Acute aquatic toxicity (Category 1)
Chronic aquatic toxicity (Category 1)

Classification according to EU Directives 67/548/EEC or 1999/45/EC

Harmful if swallowed. Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin.
Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.

Composition

Substances

Synonyms : Cupric chloride
Molecular Weight : 134.45 g/mol

First aid

Description of first aid measures General advice

Consult a physician.
Show this safety data sheet to the doctor in attendance.

If inhaled

If breathed in, move person into fresh air.
If not breathing, give artificial respiration. Consult a physician.

In case of skin contact

Wash off with soap and plenty of water.
Consult a physician.

In case of eye contact

Rinse thoroughly with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and consult a physician.

If swallowed

Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Rinse mouth with water. Consult a physician.

Most important symptoms and effects, both acute and delayed

Symptoms of systemic copper poisoning may include: capillary damage, headache, cold sweat, weak pulse, and kidney and liver damage, central nervous system excitation followed by depression, jaundice, convulsions, paralysis, and coma. Death may occur from shock or renal failure. Chronic copper poisoning is typified by hepatic cirrhosis, brain damage and demyelination, kidney defects, and copper deposition in the cornea as exemplified by humans with Wilson's disease. It has also been reported that copper poisoning has lead to hemolytic anemia and accelerates arteriosclerosis., Gastrointestinal disturbance, Lowered blood pressure, Depending on the intensity and duration of exposure, effects may vary from mild irritation to severe destruction of tissue.

Fire fighting

Extinguishing media 

Suitable extinguishing media

Use extinguishing measures that are appropriate to local circumstances and the surrounding environment.

Special hazards arising from the substance or mixture

Hydrogen chloride gas, Copper oxides

Advice for firefighters

Wear self contained breathing apparatus for fire fighting if necessary.

Handling

Precautions for safe handling

Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
Avoid formation of dust and aerosols.
Provide appropriate exhaust ventilation at places where dust is formed.

Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities

Store in cool place.
Keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place.
Hygroscopic. Store under inert gas.

Accidental release

Personal precautions, protective equipment and emergency procedures

Use personal protective equipment.
Avoid dust formation.
Avoid breathing vapors, mist or gas.
Ensure adequate ventilation.
Evacuate personnel to safe areas.
Avoid breathing dust.

Environmental precautions

Prevent further leakage or spillage if safe to do so.
Do not let product enter drains.
Discharge into the environment must be avoided.

Methods and materials for containment and cleaning up

Pick up and arrange disposal without creating dust.
Sweep up and shovel.
Keep in suitable, closed containers for disposal.

Reactivity No
Toxicology

Information on toxicological effects

Acute toxicity

LD50 Oral - rat - 584 mg/kg LD50 Intravenous - rat - 5 mg/kg
LD50 Intraperitoneal - rat - 14.7 mg/kg

Skin corrosion/irritation

no data available

Serious eye damage/eye irritation

no data available

Respiratory or skin sensitization

no data available

Germ cell mutagenicity

no data available

Carcinogenicity

IARC: No component of this product present at levels greater than or equal to 0.1% is identified as probable, possible or confirmed human carcinogen by IARC.

Reproductive toxicity

no data available

Specific target organ toxicity - single exposure

Inhalation - May cause respiratory irritation.

Specific target organ toxicity - repeated exposure

no data available

Aspiration hazard

no data available

Potential health effects

Inhalation May be harmful if inhaled. Causes respiratory tract irritation.
Ingestion Harmful if swallowed.
Skin May be harmful if absorbed through skin. Causes skin irritation.
Eyes Causes serious eye irritation.

Signs and Symptoms of Exposure

Symptoms of systemic copper poisoning may include: capillary damage, headache, cold sweat, weak pulse, and kidney and liver damage, central nervous system excitation followed by depression, jaundice, convulsions, paralysis, and coma. Death may occur from shock or renal failure. Chronic copper poisoning is typified by hepatic cirrhosis, brain damage and demyelination, kidney defects, and copper deposition in the cornea as exemplified by humans with Wilson's disease. It has also been reported that copper poisoning has lead to hemolytic anemia and accelerates arteriosclerosis., Gastrointestinal disturbance, Lowered blood pressure, Depending on the intensity and duration of exposure, effects may vary from mild irritation to severe destruction of tissue.

Other

The above information is believed to be correct but does not purport to be all inclusive and shall be used only as a guide. The information in this document is based on the present state of our knowledge and is applicable to the product with regard to appropriate safety precautions. It does not represent any guarantee of the properties of the product. WildPhoto Ltd shall not be held liable for any damage resulting from handling or from contact with the above product.

Product Tags

Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.

Copper Chloride - 100g Wet Plate Supplies is a UK based store selling a range of supplies for alternative photographic processes, namely Wetplate collodion, Cyanotype, Gum bichromate, Kallitype, Van dyke and Pt/Pd. They also offer training and studio facilities for both wetplate and other alternative processes. In this section you can find our Copper Chloride - 100g